Tuesday, May 7, 2013

September-December 2012


September 7-9 MRMN 2013 Pageant

I drove down to the cities on September 6 after work to compete for the title of Miss Rodeo Minnesota. This was a dream I had for the past two years, and after many times going back and forth on this decision, I decided to do it! Better to say you tried rather than always asking yourself “What if?” I spent the night with my friend, Meghan, who helped me with my makeup and gave some last minute tips for answering questions and giving my speech. The next morning I drove to Northfield, MN, where I gave my state speech, a personal interview, and performed two horsemanship patterns. The rest of the day was more relaxing where I got to enjoy the history of Northfield, and watch the famous “Defeat of Jesse James” reenactment. I caught up with my wonderful parents who drove all the way down to be my biggest supporters. Friday night of the rodeo was one of the happiest moments of my life, when they crowned me the 2013 Miss Rodeo Minnesota Lady In Waiting.  The rest of the weekend I rode in the grand entry, sold 50/50 raffle tickets, and rode in the parade on Sunday. I got to learn more about my official duties for the upcoming year, and hang out with our 2012 Miss Rodeo Minnesota, Sabrina Behr.

Horsemanship during the Miss Rodeo Minnesota Pageant

  Jody and I before the crowning!

All my dreams coming true!           
 Proud parents!

                                                     
    Running Sponsor Flags       


November 17-18 Mama Jean’s Revenge
While shooting isn’t really my thing, I sure do love to watch Cowboy Mounted Shooting! I grew up watching my dad compete in the sport, and enjoyed the many entertainment events that my brother and dad came up with while shooting on horseback. That is why I was eager when my friend, Laura Pikop, asked me to help out with the Wild Rice Peacemaker’s shootout-Mama Jean’s Revenge in Crookston, MN. During the weekend I was able to carry the American Flag as Miss Rodeo Minnesota Lady-in-Waiting and help record the times of each of the shooters.
                                                  
                                                             With Laura Pikop
 
                                                       Happy Birthday Mama Jean!

December 8-11 Las Vegas, NV-Miss Rodeo America Pageant 

In early December I headed to Las Vegas to attend the Miss Rodeo America Pageant and the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. Over the weekend I was able to cheer on Sabrina as she gave her speech, rocked the runway in the latest western fashions and her beautiful leather dress, and rode two beautiful patterns in horsemanship. I was also able to meet up with the other wonderful ladies I would be traveling with during the next year during the Lady-In-Waiting Social and the Rodeo Royalty Seminar. I also was asked to do my first interview with fellow Minnesotan Jason Hetland from 4theRide.com.  In between events I got to shop at Cowboy Christmas, see the sights, and was able to watch the NFR with my Miss Rodeo Minnesota director, Johanna. A BIG  thank you to Jason Hetland for helping us to get those tickets! During my stay in Vegas I learned what I would be going through when I would compete for Miss Rodeo America in December. 
                                          Ran into my old family friends, the Dziengals!
    Finally got to see Sabrina during                         At the Bellagio Fountains     
                             an autograph signing! :)     
Excited to attend my first WNFR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment